Lori Ballen, the owner of this website, benefits from purchases made through her affiliate links.
There are many frequently asked questions about Las Vegas each day. These article answers many of them. Have a question? Contact us!
- Where is the best place to live in Las Vegas?
- What is the zip code for Southern Highlands in Las Vegas Nevada?
- What terminal is southwest at Las Vegas?
- How Much is a House in Las Vegas
- How far is Reno From Las Vegas?
- What is the Sales Tax in Las Vegas?
- How do I Sell a House in Las Vegas?
- What was the First Hotel in Las Vegas?
- What are the Zip Codes in Las Vegas?
- Shop Las Vegas Homes by Zip Code
- How do you get Married in Las Vegas?
- When do Schools in Las Vegas start this year?
- Where is the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Hotel?
- Can I have horses in Las Vegas?
- Which Las Vegas Hotel Has the Best Pool
- Where is Downtown Summerlin?
- Where in Las Vegas is the New Raiders Stadium?
- Where is the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign?
- Where is Lake Mead?
Where is the best place to live in Las Vegas?
“Best” is whatever are meets the criteria you and your family are looking for. While one person may feel that living downtown is the “best” place to be, another may define the best neighborhood as one that does not have a home owners association. And yet another may define “best” as a neighborhood with the top schools, or lowest crime rate.
Nobody can answer this question for you. As a Las Vegas Real Estate Agent team, our suggestion is always to start with what you are qualified to buy and what size and features are mandatory as well as desired. The neighborhoods and zip codes that match your qualifications will appear and you can begin your research to define which Las Vegas neighborhood is right for you. You might also consider nearby North Las Vegas or Henderson in your home search.
- You might like to see a list of our Master Planned Communities
- Las Vegas Zip Code Map
- How to Buy a House in Las Vegas
What is the zip code for Southern Highlands in Las Vegas Nevada?
- What is Southern Highlands Las Vegas?
- Real Estate Listings
- Southern Highlands Golf Club
- Where is Southern Highlands?
- Southern Highlands Neighborhoods
What terminal is southwest at Las Vegas?
Terminal 1 Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
How Much is a House in Las Vegas
As of end of 2nd quarter 2017, the median sales price of a house in Las Vegas is $250,000
- Browse 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath Homes for Sale in Las Vegas Under 250K
- Shop Las Vegas Homes for Sale with a Pool in the $250,000 range
How far is Reno From Las Vegas?
Reno is about a 7 hour drive from Las Vegas, just under 450 Miles. By Air, Reno is about a one hour flight from Las Vegas. Be prepared, Reno is a lot colder temperatures than what you will find in Las Vegas! If you are looking to buy or sell a house in Reno, please contact us. We have partners there.
What is the Sales Tax in Las Vegas?
Las Vegas sales tax is 8.25%.
How do I Sell a House in Las Vegas?
- Prepare the Home
- Price it Right
- Show it
- Negotiate Offers or
- Improve price
- Accept an offer
- Open Escrow
- Negotiate Inspections
- Provide HOA Docs
- Receive Net Proceeds.
It’s important to know the market. It is currently a SELLER’S MARKET and homes in the median price ranges are seeing multiple offers and selling in days. While the average single family home in Las Vegas is selling for around $250,000, there are variances everywhere. You can update yourself on the real estate market with our monthly report or request a home valuation for your property here. You can sell a house by owner or with a Realtor®. The choice is always yours.
What was the First Hotel in Las Vegas?
El Rancho opened on 4/3/1941 and offered 63 hotel rooms. A fire destroyed it in 1960.
What are the Zip Codes in Las Vegas?
East Las Vegas Zip Codes:
89011, 89030, 89011, 89122, 89110, 89115, 89122, 89142, 89156
South Las Vegas Zip Codes:
89104, 89109, 89120, 89121, 89123, 89052, 89119, 89169, 89183
Northwest Las Vegas Zip Codes:
89107, 89108,89128, 89129, 89131, 89134, 89138, 89144, 89145, 89149, 89166
Southwest Las Vegas Zip Codes:
89102, 89103, 89113, 89117, 89118, 89139, 89141, 89146, 89147, 89148, 89178, 89179
Shop Las Vegas Homes by Zip Code
How do you get Married in Las Vegas?
- Get your Marriage license
- Choose a Chapel, Church, Hall or Home
- Select an officiant
- Say I Do!
OK, we know that getting married in Las Vegas can’t be that simple right?
When do Schools in Las Vegas start this year?
The Clark County School District first day of school August 14th, which is a couple of weeks earlier than it has been in the past. This was decided to permit students to finish testing before the winter break. The last day of school is May 22, 2018.
- Homes for Sale by Middle School or Junior High School – Clark County School District
- The Clark County School District Calendar
- Clark County School Zoning Instruction
Where is the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Hotel?
3708 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Jobs
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Restaurants
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Buffet
- Cosmopolitan Parking
- Clubs at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Weddings
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Spa
- Cosmopolitan Ice Rink
- The Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan
- Cosmopolitan Pools
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Bungalows
- Where is the Cosmopolitan? [Address, Phone, Map]
- Who Owns The Cosmopolitan?
- Cosmopolitan Rooms
- Cosmopolitan Casino
- Cosmopolitan Reviews
- Homes For Sale Near Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
Can I have horses in Las Vegas?
You can keep horses at your residence in Las Vegas as long as that community is zoned for horses. You will find homes with horse property featuers such as stalls, and others that are simply zoned for horses yet don’t have any of the additions. Many people moving to Las Vegas search for an equestrian property as they actually want a ranch style home that has more land and understand that many of our horse zoned properties meet those needs.
- 🐎 With 1-5 Acres of Land
- 🐎 With Arena
- 🐎 With Stalls
- 🐎 $400,000 to $599,999
- 🐎 All Horse Property Listings
- 🐎 HorseBack Riding
Which Las Vegas Hotel Has the Best Pool
The Best Hotel Pool is different depending on who you ask! If you are looking for a Beach Club, you mightlike Aria’s Year Round Liquid Lounge. If you are looking for something with a water slide for the kids, you’ll love The Golden Nugget’s slide right through a SHARK aquarium. Here’s a list of Las Vegas hotel pools so you can choose the features right for you.
- Planet Hollywood Pleasure Pools
- Bally’s Las Vegas Pool
- Paris Las Vegas Pool
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Pool
- Golden Nugget Las Vegas Pool
- Alexis Park
- Aria Liquid Lounge (Year Round Pool)
- Arizona Charlie’s Boulder
- Arizona Charlie’s Decatur
- Boulder Station
- Buffalo Bill’s
- Caesar’s Palace
- Circus Circus
- D Las Vegas
- Delano Las Vegas
- Downtown Grand
- Fiesta Henderson
- Fiesta Rancho
- Gold Coast
- Green Valley Ranch
- Hard Rock Hotel
- LINQ Hotel & Casino
- M Resort
- Mandalay Bay
- Mandarin Oriental
- MGM Grand
- Monte Carlo
- New York-New York
- Palace Station
- Palms Place
- Paris Las Vegas
- Primm Valley
- Red Rock
- Sam’s Town
- Santa Fe Station
- Silver Sevens
- South Point
- Sunset Station
- Texas Station
- Treasure Island
- The Venetian
- Westgate Las Vegas
- Westin Las Vegas
- Whiskey Pete’s
- Wild Wild West
- Wynn Las Vegas
Where is Downtown Summerlin?
Where in Las Vegas is the New Raiders Stadium?
Las Vegas Stadium what they are calling the planned domed stadium planned to house the Las Vegas Raiders Football Team. The stadium is to be built on around 62 acres at Russell Rd. & Hacienda Ave – between Polaris Ave. and Dean Martin Dr. on the west side of the 15 freeway.
If the $1.9 million dollar stadium is finally completed by the year 2020, then business could begin booming and both unemployment and homeless rates could hit an all-time low not seen since the advent of the Great Recession of the early millennium. It is expected that the new arena will host anywhere between 30-62 events within a year, most of which are predicted to be major concerts, sports games, and motor sport events, to name only a few.
Demand for public transportation is predicted to be on the rise as tourists and residents alike see a need for more options to get to each game. Due to the nature of supply and demand, job growth is expected to rise and help create more opportunities within the public transportation industry, thus leading to an increase in bus and taxi driving positions becoming open. This, in turn, can serve as a true economic boost for Las Vegas as people will flock to the city to apply for work in these industries. The city’s revenue could increase through taxation, which would result in more jobs and programs in the government sector.
Where is the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign?
Where is Lake Mead?
39 min (31.7 mi) via I-515 S and US-93 S
- The History and Formation of the Lake Mead
- Activities in Lake Mead
- Boating at Lake Mead
- Camping at Lake Mead
- Lake Mead Boating Companies
- Kayaking and canoeing at Lake Mead
- Pets are welcome at Lake Mead
- Things to Do Around Lake Mead
- Interesting Facts about Lake Mead
- Water Levels at Lake Mead
- Homes for Sale near Lake Mead