Lori Ballen, the owner of this website, benefits from purchases made through her affiliate links.
If you’re looking to go axe throwing in Las Vegas, there are four different centers where you can do it. We’ll give you all the information you need, including the locations, what kind of special events can be held there, prices, available Groupon vouchers, and let you know if food and alcohol are available.
It is licensed to sell coolers and beer. They don’t sell food there, but it is catering-friendly.
There is a range of special events they cater to, including birthday parties, Christmas parties, date nights, divorce parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and corporate team-building events.
Axe Monkeys Las Vegas
Axe Monkeys Las Vegas is near McCarran International airport at 3525 E Post Rd #110, 89120. Ages seven and up are welcome to throw.
Ax Monkeys also has mobile cages that can be brought to your house or location. These are perfect for birthday parties, weddings, divorce parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and corporate events.
On-site, there is a vending machine that sells sodas, but there is no food service there.
A one-hour session starts at $25 per person, and a two-hour session starts at $40 per person.
Groupon has several deals for this center at the moment:
- Discounts on gift cards toward axe throwing valued at $50, $100, or $200.
- One-hour session for two people = $36.75 / six people = $127 / eight people = $167.
Sin City Smash
Sin City Smash is near the Strip at 3004 S Rancho Dr, 89102. Ages 10 and above are welcome to throw.
Their axe throwing range is perfect for birthday parties, divorce parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, anniversaries, and corporate groups.
They don’t have on-site food service, but they can cater to your group by ordering food from Joe’s NY Pizza.
A one-hour session costs $25 per person. Groupon has two deals where you can get a discounted one-hour private session, valid Monday to Thursday: for two people, it will cost $41.25, and for four people, it will cost $71.25.
Dueling Axes is in the Area 15 complex located at 3215 South Rancho Drive, Suite 160, 89102. There is no age limit, but they recommend that players are at least ten, so they are strong enough to make the axe stick to the target.
Any throwers under 18 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Their axe-throwing lounge is outside-food friendly, meaning that you can bring in any food options or have it delivered. Beer and wine are available to purchase in the lounge, as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
There is a VIP room which can accommodate special events of up to 25 people. You can also rent out the whole place for special events such as fundraisers, group outings, or team building.
Pricing is as follows:
- Small groups (up to four people per lane on up to three lanes) – One hour is $35 per person / two hours is $59 per person. Fridays and Saturdays incur a small surcharge of $4 per person per hour for one-hour bookings and $5 per person per hour for two-hour bookings.
- There are multiple options for larger group bookings, VIP room hire, and complete facility rental.
Frequently Asked Questions about axe throwing in Las Vegas
Do you have to be 18 to Axe throw?
No, you don’t. The minimum age varies between the different venues, but all the Las Vegas ranges allow children ten and above to throw, and some even younger. Some venues require anyone under 18 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Has anyone died from axe throwing?
There have been no reported fatalities from axe throwing to date. However, there have been dangerous situations seen in the US.
Other activities you might like in Las Vegas
If you are keen to try axe throwing in Las Vegas, we think you’ll love these activities too.
Las Vegas has plenty of great escape rooms to try your hand at. They also make an entertaining group activity. Here are some of the top-rated escape rooms in Las Vegas:
- The Escape Game Las Vegas – located on the southern end of the Strip, you can choose from five different escape games and find yourself anywhere from prison to a playground.
- Once Upon an Escape – located just south of the Strip, the theme is based around favorite fairytales.
- Trapped! – located just south of the Strip, you can choose from four different adventures.
This is the world’s first adult sandbox! You can choose to drive a bulldozer or an excavator for a bit of light stress relief and fun.
Some of the exercises you can do with a real-life bulldozer are building huge mounds, pushing a gigantic tire, or teeter-tottering over a giant mound.
Should you choose to go with the excavator, you can stack 2,000-pound tires, dig huge trenches, or play “Bucket Basketball”.
You’ll receive training from an instructor on operating your machine and understand how to use every button and lever. You can then do some warm-up exercises before getting serious.
The Strat thrill rides
The Strat hotel has some of the world’s scariest rides located on its roof. At more than 1,000 feet in the sky, these are sure to get your heart racing.
There are three rides:
- Big Shot – you’ll be shot 160 feet in the air at a cool 45 miles per hour up the tower’s mast.
- Insanity – a mechanical arm will dangle you over the side of the building and spin you at speeds as fast as three Gs.
- X-Scream – this roller coaster will launch you over the side of the building before pulling you back and then repeating the process.